ASAP is a nonprofit organization that addresses the critical problem of molestation and abuse in the Jewish community. Our mission is to assist Jewish communities in building healthy, responsible, and abuse-free environments. ASAP provides treatment and prevention resources to victims, therapists, and community organizations, providing them with the necessary tools to create a healthy and safe environment.
- To prevent abuse through promoting increased community awareness
- To establish best-practice industry standards
- To promote professional knowledge in community nonprofit organizations
- To promote professional training of trauma therapists
- To support professional therapeutic services for victims
- To ensure professional services are adapted to the needs of the Jewish communities
- To support victims in achieving self-sufficiency
ASAP’s therapy program enables victims of child sexual abuse to access the professional trauma treatment needed in order to heal and build healthy lives.
ASAP’s advanced scholarship program was created to increase the number of qualified trauma therapists able to professionally treat victims of abuse in the Jewish community.
Summer Camp Training
ASAP’s free online abuse-prevention program helps summer camps minimize incidents of abuse and support those who have been abused in the past.
Chief Technology Officer
ASAP expresses its sincere gratitude to our supporters and colleagues listed below who have made a significant contribution to our organization:
The Friedberg Charitable Foundation of Canada
The Robert and Ita Klein Foundation
The Wolfson Foundation
United Congregation Mesorah
IDT Howard Jonas
David Pelcovitz, PhD
David Mandel, CEO, Ohel Children’s Home and Family Services
Simcha Feurman, LCSW, Director of Operations & Development, Ohel
Edna Ludmir, MSW. Director of the Benafshenu Center, Bnei Brak
Debbie Rozensweig Katz, Content Writer and Editor
Daniela Levy, Translator and Writer
Saul Feldman, MD